LawPod is a podcast created by staff and students in the School of Law. It produces weekly episodes exploring a range of legal issues in an accessible way and aims to provide a platform for research carried out at Queen’s University Belfast. Now entering its 6th year, to date it has produced over 160 episodes and has had over 120,000 unique listeners.
LawPod is recruiting a Publicist for the academic year 2023-2024 (commencing late September 2023, specific date to be agreed with the successful candidate).
The successful applicant’s role will promote LawPod via our social media accounts and build our audience across the university and beyond.
The post will require a commitment of 2-3 hours per week on average, up to a maximum of 42 hours during the semester for which the post holder will receive a payment of £14.95 per hour (the university’s AC1 rate).
We welcome applications from current undergraduate and postgraduate students. However, we unfortunately cannot accept applications from final year PhD students. Details on how to apply are below.
Please fully read the role description and criteria before applying.
- Manage the LawPod social media channels (to include weekly posts on X and regular posts on Instagram).
- Meet regularly with LawPod’s Director and Producer during the semester, and attend Wednesday afternoon LawPod training sessions.
- Assist with the strategic development of audience growth amongst academics, legal practitioners, students and other audiences in tandem with increasing LawPod visibility within the School and wider University.
- Current undergraduate or postgraduate student
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good working relations with colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge or interest in digital trends in media, entertainment, and emerging technologies
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience of podcasting or other multimedia
- Marketing experience
Interested applicants should submit a CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) to Lauren.Dempster@qub.ac.uk by 5pm on Monday 18th September. This letter should demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential and desirable criteria for the post listed above.
If you have any queries about the post, please email Lauren.Dempster@qub.ac.uk.