Lawpod is the Podcast of the School of Law at Queen’s University Belfast.
LawPod explores the relationship between the law and the world we live in. To date, LawPod has produced over 160 episodes and had over 120,000 unique listeners. If you are passionate about the law and communicating knowledge in an accessible way, then LawPod could be for you.
As a LawPod Student Team Member, you will work with a small team of your fellow students to create podcasts from idea conception to final production. You will meet new people and learn valuable transferable skills, while making an important contribution to the life of the School of Law.
LawPod is a Combined Experience activity for the Future-Ready Award.
Team Members are hired following a competitive process comprising a short written application followed by an interview. This process is now open.
LawPod Student Team Member Application Details
- Work with other students to research and pitch content for LawPod episodes;
- Develop pitches into podcasts (minimum 1 per semester) by preparing discussion questions and securing guests;
- Record and edit podcast episodes;
- Write show notes for the episodes;
- Write short blog posts about podcast episodes.
LawPod is an innovative and exciting co-curricular activity that will help you develop key transferable skills including:
- Problem Solving
- Innovation and creativity
- Interpersonal skills
- Team work
In addition, you will learn valuable technical skills such as:
- The ability to utilise modern technology associated with workplace or work-related activity.
- Information technology skills, including the ability to learn about and utilise relevant IT programmes.
- Email communication.
- Currently enrolled as a law student (UG, PGT and PGR all welcome);
- Ability to commit three hours a week to LawPod;
- Free on Wednesday afternoons throughout semester time;
- Availability for interview on the afternoon of 27th September 2023
- Research skills;
- Communication skills;
- Team work skills;
- Ability to self-motivate;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to deliver outcomes;
- Interest in podcasting.
Apply here: https://forms.office.com/e/TgFFViRZi4